Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, Ring of Honor is interested in CM Punk for its show at Madison Square Garden next year but it’s considered a long shot to happen.
- WrestleVotes notes that Stephanie McMahon’s announcement is likely the women’s pay-per-view show and says it will be happening in September in Long Island, New York.
- Meanwhile, TicketDrew is saying the announcement could also be for women’s tag team titles.
- Wrestling Standard claims WWE could also be announcing a women’s tag team tournament, which would take place at the PPV but could also take place sometime down the line.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says James Ellsworth isn’t under contract to WWE at this time. However, Ellsworth tweeted “sometimes when you read the ‘news’ and you know it’s not 100-percent accurate, you just have to laugh at it. It’s unclear if that’s what he’s referencing but it seems likely.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!