Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s some speculation that WWE could be going with a triple threat at SummerSlam, with Brock Lesnar defending the Universal championship against both Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley.
- The Observer notes that it’s not confirmed Undertaker is wrestling at SummerSlam but there is still plenty of talk about it.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that it was Kevin Dunn who made the decision to take the clock off the Titantron during the Iron Man match at Extreme Rules.
- An independent promotion announcing Chelsea Green had to pull out of an upcoming appearance has led to speculation she’ll be in the Mae Young Classic this year.
- On “Dinner with The King,” Jerry Lawler said he heard Howard Finkel is in bad shape and may have suffered a stroke.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!