Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The current expectation is that Roman Reigns will defeat Bobby Lashley next week and go on to win the Universal championship from Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam.
- Jeff Hardy is expected to take some time off, as noted by TicketDrew.
- There’s some word going around, originating from Barnburner, that Titus O’Neil left Extreme Rules when Hulk Hogan came back to apologize to the locker room because he was so upset about the situation. Wrestling Inc is saying that’s not what happened and he left after the meeting because he wasn’t booked for the show, like some others also did.
- On that same note, Brad Shepard claims he had a source tell him black wrestlers in the WWE locker room are very upset about it, and it’s not a 50/50 split like Mark Henry indicated.
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE still has big plans for Drew McIntyre.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!