Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon was not backstage at Extreme Rules according to Wrestling Observer. PW Insider says he did communicate with the people who ran the show, including Triple H and Billy Kidman, who ran gorilla position.
- Randy Orton was hidden on a bus until 30 minutes prior to his return, per PW Insider.
- That site also says the Iron Man match was set to open Extreme Rules until the match order was changed late in the day on Sunday.
- Kane suffered a legitimate leg injury prior to the PPV, which is why WWE ran the angle with Bludgeon Brothers. He was walking around all weekend wearing the boot we saw him wearing in Team Hell No’s match.
- Dave Meltzer said on Observer Radio that Jeff Cobb has signed with Ring of Honor.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!