Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider says that despite his reinstatement to the Hall of Fame, Hulk Hogan has not signed “any kind of contract” with WWE. He headed back to Florida after Extreme Rules in Pittsburgh and isn’t planned for appearances at this week’s Raw or SmackDown.
- On the other hand, Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp says he heard Hogan has signed a new WWE deal. He and TicketDrew also say Daniel Bryan’s new WWE contract is a done deal.
- According to Bryan Alvarez, Hogan’s meeting with talent backstage at last night’s PPV was filmed for an upcoming WWE Network special.
- Regarding the widely panned Royal Rumble countdowns from the Extreme Rules crowd at during the main event, Alvarez also said that Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins requested the clock go back on the screen for timing purposes over the last 10 minutes.
- PW Insider backed WrestleVotes earlier rumor that Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley was the planned main event on Sunday night, but that account notes there were people backstage lobbying for Rollins/Ziggler who apparently won out. There was said to be no support for closing with the WWE Title match.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!