Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer is now saying it’s official that Brock Lesnar will defend the Universal championship at SummerSlam. They don’t know who his opponent is planned to be, however.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Rey Mysterio has not actually signed a deal with WWE yet but the two sides are incredibly close to it.
- A big issue with it is apparently the ALL IN event Mysterio has been announced for. He wants to work the show but WWE doesn’t want him to.
- Jeff Hardy told the Canton Repository that his lower back has been bothering him enough lately that he’s stopped doing the Swanton Bomb on house shows.
- Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Tessa Blanchard’s contract with Impact Wrestling is for two years.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!