Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, Paul Heyman was backstage at Raw in Boston and helped write & produce the opening segment and Bobby Lashley’s interview later in the show.
- WWE international stadium shows like Greatest Royal Rumble and Super Show-Down could be branded as WrestleMania by 2020, per Barnburner. The idea is to hold a WrestleMania in the U.S. in the spring and one in another country in the fall.
- Extreme Rules plans to set Daniel Bryan up to face either Kane or Miz at SummerSlam. The direction they choose will be another sign of how WWE feels contract negotiations with Bryan are going.
- For another sign, Bryan is being advertised for a SmackDown taping on Sept. 4 in Detroit, several days after his current contract is set to expire.
- PW Insider reported Dean Ambrose was in Birmingham, Alabama working on his return to the ring. WrestleVotes says they’ve heard he won’t be back until after SummerSlam, likely in Sept.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!