Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE has yet to sign Daniel Bryan to a new contract, says the Observer. They want to bring him back and it’s expected that he will re-sign.
- It’s not expected that the cruiserweights will get a match at Money in the Bank.
- Per the Observer, New Japan is trying to make Kazuchika Okada an “enduring legend,” and that includes breaking every championship record he can.
- Chris Brookes turned down a U.K. deal with WWE, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- The word is that Impact vs. Ring of Honor angles will be happening after the Jericho Cruise, and possibly start there.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!