Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- As the Wrestling Observer notes, the idea of Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns at SummerSlam is not set in stone. Either way, there could be a Money in the Bank cash-in, no matter the result.
- Per PW Torch, Jeff Hardy is currently suffering from a pinched nerve. That would explain why he hasn’t been on television.
- PW Insider says there’s been talk of adding Andrade “Cien” Almas vs. Sin Cara to the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.
- WWE could be planning a new show or event centered around the term “WWE VIP,” notes PW Insider, based on a recent trademark application.
- Sky Sports is saying WWE has signed Luke Menzies, a former rugby player, to a contract.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!