Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Brock Lesnar is expected to lose the Universal Title at SummerSlam, according to Sports Illustrated’s WWE sources.
- SmackDown will not air live on the west coast when it moves to Fridays on Fox next year, per PW Insider.
- SummerSlam looks set to leave Barclays after this year. WrestleVotes says WWE is hoping to get a stadium to host, possibly in a “‘vacation’ city”.
- Both Alexa Bliss and Natalya’s injuries from Raw are storyline.
- Conrad Thompson says this week’s episode of Something Else to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard on WWE Network is delayed due to “creative differences”. The hosts don’t want to “change the narrative” or “whitewash” the topic, which is WWE’s version of ECW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!