Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The apparent cancellation of the multi-man #1 contenders match at Extreme Rules was simply a case of Vince McMahon changing his mind, say Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez.
- Ronda Rousey is expected to be announced as the second pre-order exclusive for WWE 2K19.
- According to PW Insider, Dolph Ziggler’s WWE contract is up later this summer. He has not signed a new deal.
- Rich Swann says he’s been offered a contract by Impact.
- Pro Wrestling Sheet tracked down legal documents pertaining to a case where Alberto El Patron is being sued and counter-suing over a 2016 fight in a Texas karaoke bar. Amazingly enough, this appears to be in addition to numerous other bar-related scandals we already knew El Patron was involved with around that time.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!