Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider is saying Shinsuke Nakamura was pulled from SmackDown this week because he was bitten by a dog. Apparently it was a police dog who bit him after sniffing him during a security check at a house show in Bakersfield.
- Per WrestleVotes, despite recent talk to the contrary, everything WWE is doing right now with Brock Lesnar is storyline and he’ll be wrestling for the Universal title at SummerSlam.
- The Bar haven’t been on television of late simply because creative has nothing for them, per Dave Meltzer.
- To expand on word of Eli Drake signing a new contract with Impact Wrestling, the Observer notes it’s a “multi-year deal.”
- According to PW Insider, Peter Einstein’s hiring as new Chief Operating Officer at Anthem Sports & Entertainment will not mean any changes to the current Impact management team.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!