Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A Paul Heyman promo on social media has speculation rampant that perhaps Bobby Lashley will be Brock Lesnar’s next title challenger. There have been rumors of a match between the two for a while.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Tyson Kidd and Fit Finlay were the agents for the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match and Kidd was most responsible for its layout.
- For that matter, Ronda Rousey and Nia Jax rehearesed their match beforehand and Finlay was the one who laid it out.
- Per the Observer, advances for Raw and SmackDown this week “aren’t strong.”
- MLW could be running a pay-per-view next month.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!