Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sounds like Big Cass’ release was a result of a multitude of issues. In addition to the accounts of being intoxicated in public mentioned here yesterday, Pro Wrestling Sheet says they heard of multiple times where he “rubbed people the wrong way” in the course of normal life on the road, such as incident on a tour bus where he thought he was being ribbed (he wasn’t) and broke down the bathroom door.
- WrestleVotes says they’ve learned Cass had “voiced some frustration” about “creative differences over the past few months”, which combined with the other stuff made his departure unsurprising. PW Insider said a fan sent them a report of his arguing with producers at a house show in Waco after he “spat on the front row”.
- Wrestling Observer clarified their report that Big Cass was fired on Tuesday in a pre-SmackDown meeting to say he was informed of his release privately and the roster told about it in that meeting.
- Talk of a Big E singles push is again making the rounds, and it appears New Day will operate as a stable of solo wrestlers more than a tag team for a while.
- Triple H teased a “huge announcement on women’s wrestling coming very soon” while doing press in the UK. It’s believed to be an official confirmation of taping dates and talent for the second Mae Young Classic tournament.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!