Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer notes that Vince McMahon called a meeting at SmackDown and that’s when he fired Big Cass.
- Sports Illustrated is saying “personal conduct issues” are to blame for his release, notably drinking on the European tour and having a bad attitude while doing so but also being very public about it.
- Lastly, WWE was apparently impressed with Cass and how he performed at Money in the Bank but his issues were too much to save him from being released.
- Jason Jordan is expected to make his return to WWE TV at any time.
- Per PW Insider, William Regal will be back with NXT this week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!