Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite being advertised for their Australian supershow in Oct., per Wrestling Observer, Daniel Bryan still hasn’t signed a new WWE deal. PW Insider says they want him to sign a five year contract.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said Velveteen Dream was on “the list to be called up after ‘Mania”. He commented he wouldn’t be surprised to see the NXT star moved up to the main roster now.
- Dean Ambrose was at The Performance Center last week, according to PW Insider. It’s not clear if he was in the ring at all, but he’s still not expected back until after SummerSlam.
- In the latest Observer Newsletter, it’s noted Ring of Honor’s plan for Madison Square Garden is to run it on April 6, 2019, which is WrestleMania weekend against NXT TakeOver.
- WWE is going “all out” for the 2019 Royal Rumble, says bodyslam.net, and will seek to make the show at Phoenix’s Chase Field rival the 2017 edition in San Antonio’s Alamodome.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!