Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- At this point, it's considered more likely Undertaker will wrestle at SummerSlam than John Cena.
- Despite what Ric Flair said over the weekend, sources tell Wrestling Inc Ronda Rousey is signed to a multi-year WWE contract.
- Speculation from Wrestling Observer Live and elsewhere is that Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks will be the focus of a bidding war between WWE and New Japan when their current contracts expire.
- Nixon Newell, now known as Tegan Nox in NXT, injured her knee over the weekend at Download. Good news is it's reportedly “minor”.
- According to PW Insider, Noam Dar will be at this week’s WWE TV tapings and is expected to return from knee surgery soon. The Observer says he’s been medically cleared.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!