Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A source has told bodyslam.net that John Cena is rebounding from his break-up with Nikki Bella by “hooking up with” a member of the Total Divas cast. Ringside News speculates that cast member is Carmella.
- Sticking with the relationship beat, it looks like Impact’s Tessa Blanchard and NXT’s Ricochet have split. Ringside News reports the break-up was caused by “fidelity” issues on “both sides”.
- Advertising for Money in the Bank showing red, white and blue briefcases had spawned speculation the PPV would have three ladder matches, and despite the official announcement of dual-brand men and women’s matches, Wrestling Observer says there’s still talk of adding a third for a tag title shot.
- In a recent interview with TVA Sports, Kevin Owens revealed he recently signed a five year contract extension with WWE and plans to someday retire with the company.
- Tyler Bate suffered a shoulder injury during last weekend’s Progress shows. It’s not believed to be serious, but there’s no official diagnosis that’s been announced yet.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!