Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Dave Meltzer, Braun Strowman getting another Universal Title shot is one of two options for Brock Lesnar’s match at Money in the Bank.
- The other choice, per online speculation and as Corey Graves’ comments following the last match at Backlash made fairly clear, is Roman Reigns.
- Aiden English doesn’t have a look WWE officials like, according to Wrestling Observer Radio, and Rusev Day is something they see as “clearly a very mid-card losing tag-team act”. Meltzer speculates a break-up could lead to Rusev and Lana being pushed into the main event.
- Following Hulk Hogan’s interview on 94WIP Sports Radio in Philadelphia this weekend, host Howard Eskin said the deal for Hogan to return to WWE was almost complete.
- Tampa is bidding to host WrestleMania in 2023, 2024 or 2025, and Royal Rumble in 2022 or 2023.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!