Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Apparently the idea all along was for Brock Lesnar’s feet to hit the ground first at Greatest Royal Rumble but when that didn’t happen, WWE had to call an audible on how it explained his victory, per the Observer.
- They also note that Lesnar isn’t under contract for SummerSlam as of now but it is a good bet he’ll be at Money in the Bank.
- In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it’s mentioned that although PW Insider has said women in WWE were paid as if they worked the Saudi Arabia show, the women don’t know anything about it or have denied when they’ve been asked. They do say, however, that any bonus money wouldn’t have come in yet.
- Speculation coming out of WWE’s first quarter earnings call is that they’ll be staying with NBC Universal. A new TV deal is expected to be announced as early as September.
- DJZ and Rich Swann could be headed for AAA, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!