Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Current plans call for a SmackDown star to win the men’s Money in the Bank contract and a Raw star to win the women’s briefcase, per WrestleVotes.
- Whether or not he’s the winner, PW Insider said on a recent Elite Audio show that they’ve heard Big E will be the New Day member entered in the match.
- Not surprising considering how much Fox is paying, but The Wrap says they’ve confirmed SmackDown will continue to air live when it moves to Fridays next year.
- Roman Reigns absence from Raw this week was said to have just been time he requested to spend with his family, according to WrestlingNews.Co.
- Keith Lee should be reporting to WWE’s Performance Center soon. He could be introduced on camera during TakeOver: Chicago.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!