Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Ringside News’ sources, WWE is “open to the idea” of selling the broadcast television rights to WrestleMania.
- Two sources have told WrestlingNews.Co John Cena and Nikki Bella “already have wedding plans” and E! execs are in the loop since it will air during season four of Total Bellas.
- Lana is said to getting extra training at WWE’s Performance Center in preparation for working next month’s Money in the Bank ladder match, says PW Insider.
- The idea between main roster talent like The Revival and Tye Dillinger working NXT house shows is to bolster ticket sales for those events by using wrestlers who aren’t currently being used on the main roster anyway.
- According to ticket site LiveNation, WWE’s June 18 show in London will feature a Toni Storm vs Killer Kelly vs Jinny vs Isla Dawn #1 contenders match with the winner facing NXT Women’s champ Shayna Baszler on June 19.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!