Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While WWE is starting pay-per-view shows an hour earlier, they aren’t expected to go a full four hours for each “B” level event. Most will likely end at 10:30 pm ET.
- According to the Observer, Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano at TakeOver in Chicago was made a Street Fight because AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura at Money in the Bank is a Last Man Standing match.
- Sports Business Journal says FOX wanted exclusivity with UFC but when the negotiations weren’t at the right right price for them they pulled the offer to do the deal with WWE for SmackDown.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says the deal FOX offered for Monday Night Raw was “in the range of $240 and $270 million” but USA made the deal to keep it.
- Starrcast is sold out and there are now attempts being made at getting more space for the convention, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!