Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There aren’t expected to be any title changes at Backlash.
- WWE had been using Braun Strowman’s green Greatest Royal Rumble championship title in graphics for Backlash but they were deleted. It would appear the belt won’t be used going forward.
- Samoa Joe has been removed from the upcoming July 7 Madison Square Garden show, where he was scheduled to wrestle Roman Reigns in the main event, per Wrestling Inc.
- WWE Network News says Sunday Night Heat is coming to the Network next week.
- PW Insider says folks within Impact Wrestling blamed last week’s lower than normal viewership numbers on the NFL Draft.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!