Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Brock Lesnar’s next match is expected to be at June’s Money in the Bank.
- On the subject of Money in the Bank as WWE is looking to make it a ”Big 5” PPV, it looks like events other than it, Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series will remain three hours long, even with both Raw and SmackDown Superstars on every show.
- WWE wanted Big Show involved in WrestleMania and Greatest Royal Rumble, according to Wrestling Observer Radio, but he suffered a new injury while coming back from his hip surgery.
- There’s speculation Shelton Benjamin will be added to the United States Championship match at Backlash so he can take the pin rather than Randy Orton or Jeff Hardy.
- A Saudi Prince WWE was dealing with while planning Greatest Royal Rumble allegedly wanted to see Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior and Yokozuna - apparently unaware the last two are dead. In relaying the story on Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer says Sumo Hiroki Sumi was “probably” brought in as a Yokozuna substitute.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!