Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The results of WrestleMania 34 have brought rumors of Brock Lesnar sticking around to work a program with a re-debuting Lashley back up (such as this one from Between The Sheets’ Kris Zellner), with talk that may even lead to a SummerSlam match.
- Sunday night in New Orleans also reinforced the idea WWE plans to build to Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey as a potential main event match in New York/New Jersey for next year’s WrestleMania.
- Alicia Fox was not pulled from the Women’s Battle Royal due to the Travis Browne incident, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet’s WWE sources, because she was never medically cleared for the match.
- Raw Tag Champ Nicholas is WWE official John Cone’s son, says bodyslam.net. It’s unclear how long he’ll remain a part of this storyline with Braun Strowman and The Bar.
- Alberto El Patron’s contract with Impact ran through April 21, per PW Insider, so even though they terminated him it’s possible they could enforce a non-compete until then. They had reportedly discussed a one-year extension with a raise before their relationship fell apart this weekend.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.