It’s not an exaggeration to say there’s wrestling happening all over the place in New Orleans this weekend, but it seems like one of the funnest (is that a word? who cares - it’s WrestleMania!) shows went down at The Sugar Mill on Thursday night.
The Mark Hitchcock Memorial Supershow wasn’t streamed live, but it is up on Highspots now. It seems like it’s worth the $9.99, but if all the shows this week have your wallet tapping out - fear not! Our own Zach Tarrant was there, and he brought his camera to provide us with the awesome photo gallery from the show you can flip through above.
And for context, here are the results:
- Penta 0M (aka Pentagon Jr.) def. Joey Janela via pinfall following a Falcon Arrow
- Joey Ryan def. Jerry Lawler via disqualification after The King throw a fireball at his dong
- Tessa Blanchard, Tenille Dashwood, Nicole Savoy, Shazza McKenzie and Penelope Ford def. MJF, Zane Riley, Caleb Konley, Jake Manning and Trevor Lee via simultaneous submission
- Tomohiro Ishii def. Jeff Cobb via pinfall following a brainbuster
- Rey Fenix and Rey Horus def. Bandido and Flamita (Fenix pinned Bandido)
- The Mexicools (Super Crazy, Psicosis and Chico El Luchador) def. Jason Cade & Matt Classic & Teddy Hart via pinfall (Super Crazy rolled up Cade)
- Will Ospreay def. Sammy Guevara, Shane Strickland and Adam Brooks in a Fatal 4way
- Minoru Suzuki, Brian Cage and David Starr def. Juice Robinson & Hiroshi Tanahashi & Sami Callihan via submission (Suzuki with an armbar to Callihan)
- Golden Lovers (Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega) def. Chuck Taylor and Flip Gordon
The Ace of New Japan was an unannounced guest (and a weird tag partner for Callihan and Juice, but whatevs, it’s Tanahashi).
Ospreay didn’t show any signs of being hampered by his neck injury from Sakura Genesis, and didn’t want the cash fans threw in the ring after his match - he threw it back.
A number of folks were teased as Chuckie T’s partner in the main, including the swamp monster mentioned in the headline, but Flip got the nod after coming out to continue the Being The Elite angle of begging to get on the All In card for September.
See! Told you it looked and sounded like the funnest!