Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For what it’s worth, Dave Meltzer seemed to think the finish to the Brock Lesnar-Roman Reigns match at Greatest Royal Rumble was botched. PW Insider, however, claims it was the planned finish all along.
- Sami Zayn’s post-Raw interview on the WWE YouTube channel was supposed to be the storyline explanation for his missing this show, according to Dave Meltzer. However, they apparently wanted to keep it quiet and then released a statement on his missing the show that read “WWE is committed to embracing individuals from all backgrounds while respecting local customs and cultural differences around the world.”
- WrestlingNews.co says WWE told wrestlers if they objected to the Greatest Royal Rumble show they could stay home and not participate.
- Daniel Bryan is going to be working a full house show schedule starting soon, per the Observer.
- WWE clocked Mike Kanellis’ elimination in the Greatest Royal Rumble at 3 seconds, meaning Santino Marella’s record 1 second elimination in 2009 is safe.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!