Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Backstage sources told Twitter account PW Stream WWE is hoping Undertaker will wrestle 4 - 5 times this year.
- There’s talk on r/squaredcircle WWE has commissioned women’s tag team championship belts which could be debuted by SummerSlam.
- A Fox Sports story out of Australia claims WWE is paying Brock Lesnar more than $500K per match on his new deal, which doesn’t have a fixed number of dates but allows the company to use and pay him when needed.
- Speaking of which, WWE allegedly hasn’t decided whether Lesnar or Roman Reigns is leaving Greatest Royal Rumble with the Universal Title yet.
- Tenille Dashwood (the former Emma) is dealing with a shoulder injury and taking time off at the suggestion of doctors, according to PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!