Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There are currently no plans for a Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley match although there have been rumors of as much, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Dolph Ziggler still hasn’t signed a new deal and his current contract with WWE expires sometime this summer, according to PW Insider.
- Per the Observer, WWE had “heavily debated” calling up Velveteen Dream but for now he’s staying in NXT to work with Ricochet.
- PW Insider reports John Gaburick is working for WWE again and he’s in Saudi Arabia helping produce the Greatest Royal Rumble event.
- Pro Wrestling Sheet is saying Davey Boy Smith Jr is wanted by police for throwing coffee in Jake Roberts’ face in New Orleans at WrestleCon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!