Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A follow-up report in People says Nikki Bella broke off her engagment to John Cena because it was clear his heart wasn’t in being married.
- Because the Raw roster is heading to South Africa for live events, it won’t be all hands on deck for SmackDown’s half of the Superstar Shakeup. Whoever is backstage in Providence will likely be added to SmackDown going forward.
- On the subject of the South African tour, Dean Ambrose is advertised for shows there Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, but WWE hasn’t responded to inquiries about his injury status.
- WWE is eventually going to add a woman to the Raw or SmackDown announce team, according to Wrestling Observer. Online chatter points to Beth Phoenix as a leading candidate.
- Bodyslam.net reports the post-WrestleMania 34 Lesnar/Vince/Shane altercation was either “a complete work designed to manipulate pro wrestling news sites who they knew the news would leak to, or it was severely over hyped.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.