Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A rumor from terezowens.com says UFC’s next TV deal will be with ESPN and NBC. If true, this is seen as another sign WWE could be headed to Fox.
- FME, the company which licenses WWE Video for distribution in the UK says WWE is working with Impact to include “Broken Universe” material on an upcoming Hardys DVD, the first time TNA footage would be featured on a WWE broadcast or release.
- WWE Title Triple Threat matches between AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and Baron Corbin have been advertised for June house shows and July’s Extreme Rule PPV in Pittsburgh.
- Peyton Royce and Billie Kay’s team name was changed to IIconics because someone already held a trademark on “Iconic Duo”.
- Angelico and Jack Evans both announced they’re done with Lucha Underground. Word was they’d previously asked for their releases, but Angelico was supposedly denied.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.