Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio the idea behind Roman Reigns’ shoot style promo on Raw this week was to rally support for him with the idea Vince McMahon chose the part timer over him.
- Meltzer also said Lesnar’s backstage altercation did indeed include Shane McMahon, who was around for it, and apparently he was acting like he wanted to fight Brock. Meltzer notes, however, that he’s not sure if this is a work but those who witnessed it didn’t think it was.
- The Observer says WWE is already talking about Ronda Rousey in the main event of WrestleMania 35.
- Chris Jericho’s appearance at Greatest Royal Rumble is expected to be a one-off.
- Apparently some of the wrestlers who worked late on the show at WrestleMania 34 didn’t like how long the show had run, per Wrestling Observer Radio.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.