Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The decision to have Brock Lesnar retain the Universal Championship at WrestleMania was an audible called by Vince McMahon because Roman Reigns wasn’t getting the reaction he wanted, according to reporting by Jeremy Botter.
- Botter confirmed speculation from PW Torch’s Wade Keller that Lesnar’s new deal came out of that decision, and is for as few as two additional dates so Reigns can win the title in Saudi Arabia in front of a more receptive crowd.
- PW Torch also said Vince’s argument with the Universal Champ after Sunday night’s show was over bloodying Reigns, and because the German announce team didn’t know their table would be used in a spot.
- Beyond Greatest Royal Rumble, Brock’s priority is UFC where he’s expected to face the winner of Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic for the heavyweight belt in December. He’s likely for future WWE appearances, including WrestleMania 35, after that.
- PW Insider reports Paul Heyman has re-signed with WWE as well, but it’s likely on the same short-term arrangement as Lesnar.
Editor’s note: Brock’s contract has been the subject of a lot of reporting and talk. For more, including some reports which contradict these rumors, head here.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.