Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- John Cena is not advertised for dates after the April 9 Raw in New Orleans, and isn’t featured on promotional materials for SummerSlam or Survivor Series, leading to speculation he may be focusing on movie and TV work after WrestleMania.
- Drew McIntyre is back working out at the Performance Center, says PW Insider. The site speculates he’s on target for a return by WrestleMania.
- Insider also says that word backstage at Wednesday’s taping was Bobby Fish will be getting knee surgery in Birmingham, Alabama this week.
- Rey Mysterio’s arm injury is not believed to be a complete biceps tear. As mentioned here before, it’s still believed he’ll be meeting with WWE about a return despite the injury.
- Twitter user BeltFanDan shared a design for the rumored WWE Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles he says have been confirmed by “a few legit sources”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.