Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Sports Illustrated, if Rey Mysterio can get cleared, Vince McMahon is “strongly considering” using him as Braun Strowman’s partner at WrestleMania.
- That site also says if Rey does sign with WWE for WrestleMania, it will be on a short-term deal.
- Various sites and Twitter users report the WWE app on Tuesday night sent then quickly deleted a notification saying SmackDown’s Tag Title Triple Threat at WrestleMania would be a TLC match.
- Betting sites have an appearance by The Rock at WrestleMania 34 as a near sure thing, with some offering odds at 1/100, or 99%, that he shows up in New Orleans.
- Raw house shows are said to be advertising Asuka vs. Nia Jax in April and May.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.