Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer in The Observer noted that John Cena’s promo on Raw specifically referencing Undertaker was done to make people think it’s not actually going to happen. At the time of the promo at least, it was still scheduled.
- There are all kinds of rumors floating around on Rey Mysterio, mostly from Twitter, saying he was at SmackDown simply visiting, some saying he wasn’t there at all, and others even saying there are reports being leaked to make fans think the Cena vs. Undertaker match isn’t happening.
- For what it’s worth, the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports Mysterio is scheduled to meet with Triple H “very soon” and a deal is dependent on Rey being able to work part time.
- According to the Observer, WWE is offering deals on some good seats at Fastlane, so tickets aren’t moving all that well right now.
- Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss vs. The Miz & Asuka was the original plan for the Mixed Match Challenge final, per the Observer, but with WrestleMania plans changing that may no longer be the case.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.