Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Filmmaker Jon Bravo released a clip purported to show evidence of “holes in the WWE drug policy” with Roman Reigns while saying “more is coming.”
- Speaking of Reigns, don’t expect Roman Reigns to win the Gauntlet match on Raw tonight. He’s still expected to win at Elimination Chamber, however.
- There’s some new speculation that with dual brand PPVs reportedly going to four hours as the standard, the big four shows will move to five hours as the standard, and possibly longer.
- According to Dave Meltzer on The Board, NJPW has done well in Australia, including nearly $200K for tickets and merchandise in Adelaide.
- There were reports going around that Chad Lail, Wesley Blake, Steve Cutler, and Lacey Evans were working together at an NXT house show this past weekend, fueling speculation of a new stable.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.