Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- All WWE PPVs will return to being co-branded with May’s Backlash, according to the WrestleVotes Twitter account.
- Raw and SmackDown’s weekly television will remain separate, but due to repetitive match-ups and slow ticket sales, monthly PPV events will feature stars and feuds from both shows.
- Dolph Ziggler again was close to leaving after Royal Rumble, per The Locker Room podcast, but received “an offer [he] couldn’t refuse” and signed a two year contract extension instead.
- The big name WWE wants to bring in to make the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal a big deal this year is Goldberg, at least according to UK tabloid The Sun, which also claims the new Hall of Famer will win the match.
- Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet says Ric Flair’s “WOOOOO Compromise” was pulled at WWE’s request.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.