Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it’s noted “the feeling” is Triple H is going to get more power within WWE due to the XFL starting up again and he’s been starting to put a team in place for NXT, which helps explain the Jeremy Borash hiring.
- The obvious speculation is Finn Balor will win the Fatal 4-Way second chance Elimination Chamber spot while Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy will continue their feud.
- Mickie James was a replacement for Nia Jax in the women’s Elimination Chamber match and the plan is still for Jax to wrestle Bliss for the title at WrestleMania, per the Observer.
- According to Wrestling Inc, Kane is expected back in WWE in March.
- The Observer notes that Lars Sullivan was out dealing with a knee and pituitary issues before he returned to NXT just the other night. There had been previous rumors of big plans for him moving forward.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.