Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A Wrestlevotes tweet saying Fox wanted the pre-WrestleMania TakeOver on Friday instead of Saturday has led to speculation that starting in 2020 the network will air NXT in SmackDown’s usual spot the week before WrestleMania.
- A couple other rumors mentioned on Rajah about 2019’s WrestleMania scheduling: TakeOver may have been moved to get more fans to show up in New York earlier in the week, as in past years a lot flew in for NXT but skipped the Hall of Fame ceremony, and...
- It’s possible The Rock could be in line for induction, but he couldn’t dedicate three nights to WWE, so they moved the ceremony to Saturday to accommodate his schedule.
- WWE is aggressively trying to sign a lot of talent, per Wrestling Observer Radio, including talking to wrestlers who are currently under contract to other promotions.
- In case you were wondering, “a source close to” Nikki Bella told Hollywood Life that she hopes to start dating again soon, and thinks that person will either be another wrestler or someone famous because those are the only people she’s around.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!