Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The women’s tag team titles could appear as early as the Royal Rumble.
- Because of his Hollywood schedule, there is still an expectation that John Cena, despite returning to TV next week, will miss Royal Rumble.
- Speaking of Cena, Page Six says recent interviewers in New York were told not to ask questions about Nikki Bella.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that the Ronda Rousey vs. Natalya match that aired on Raw this week was called in the ring. Other major Rousey matches have been rumored to be laid out and practiced ahead of time.
- Darren Young is hoping to wrestle in New Japan or Ring of Honor in 2019 but there may not be interest from either promotion at this time.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!