Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per John Pollock, Asuka vs. Becky Lynch was planned for Royal Rumble and was set to be announced on SmackDown but WWE decided to reevaluate the card.
- Having said that, the match could still happen and would simply be announced at a later date.
- Velveteen Dream may have gotten into “some hot water” when he tweeted asking fans to voice disapproval to WWE about him not getting called up, per the Observer.
- According to PW Insider, the deal between Anthem and Pursuit HD for Impact Wrestling is not an exclusive deal. They are still looking for a bigger deal elsewhere, they just wanted to have a television home until they find that.
- They also say they moved from Pop because that network is going through a rebranding period and Impact wanted to move out on its own before being pushed out.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!