Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Finn Balor is not injured according to PW Insider, but is dealing with an illness that caused him to leave the South American tour early and miss this week’s television.
- WWE expects Balor to work his scheduled match with Drew McIntyre Sunday at TLC. Last week’s beatdown was just to add heat to the match and is unrelated to his getting sick.
- Dakota Kai’s news might not be as good. Wrestling Observer said she had her MRI on Monday, and while the results aren’t back, “the belief was that she tore her ACL”.
- WrestleVotes had tweeted they were expecting a change to the TLC card to be made on Raw. There’s still a lot of speculation about a change to the Braun Strowman vs. Baron Corbin match, or a consolidation of the three matches attached to Corbin’s storyline.
- Rachael Ellering and Karen Q are two names the Observer says are on WWE’s radar heading into 2019.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!