Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- With Roman Reigns out, there’s more talk than ever that women could main event WrestleMania 35, with whatever is planned for Ronda Rousey at the show.
- According to PW Insider, Daniel Bryan initially got the title shot against AJ Styles at Crown Jewel because he’s a known big name and “that is what they wanted over there.” It’s not believed that his not going will hurt him going forward.
- Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio said he thinks Jinder Mahal may be working through a shoulder injury.
- Curt Hawkins is hoping to be cleared to return from injury soon, says the Observer.
- PW Insider says WWE bought the World Wrestling Council video library last month.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!