Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE updated their contracts to prohibit NXT UK talent from working with non-partner promotions and from wrestling against anyone who has a deal with Impact, Ring of Honor, New Japan or World of Sport, says WrestleTalk.
- Per PW Insider, the partner promotions talent can work for are Progress, ICW, WXW, Fight Club Pro, Attack! Pro, OTT and Futureshock.
- Braun Strowman’s promo on Raw has led to a lot of speculation his injury may be worse than feared and he could miss TLC. Pro Wrestling Sheet reports he reaggravated the elbow at Survivor Series.
- Bray Wyatt was backstage at Raw and is ready to return when WWE finds the right angle for him.
- Tough injury news for MLW, as their Middleweight champ MJF revealed he’s out 4 - 6 weeks with a broken elbow, and Tom Lawlor broke his hand in his MMA fight on Saturday. Lawlor was scheduled to face Simon Gotch at their next taping.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!