Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Wrestling Observer, “nobody of importance” was upset with the crowd booing Ronda Rousey at Survivor Series. WWE isn’t worried about cheers or boos, they just want packed houses with loud fans.
- That’s probably because, as Dave Meltzer said on Observer Radio, “they wanted three super over women when this was over.” The goal was to get Charlotte Flair the level of reaction Rousey and Becky Lynch have been getting after she cooled off during the Lynch feud.
- AJ Styles is negotiating a new WWE contract, per PW Insider, but his current one lasts until April 2019. That site also says AJ is in the top 1% of the roster in terms of compensation, and can make more with WWE than with anywhere else.
- Daniel Bryan was originally going to answer questions during his pre-match backstage interview at Survivor Series instead of smiling at the camera, per a script rajah.com says it obtained.
- There’s increasing talk Silas Young may sign with WWE after his ROH contract expires next month.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!