Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Daniel Bryan’s decision not to go to Saudi Arabia was made long ago and due to the country’s treatment of homosexuals and his feeling like it was racism that Sami Zayn wasn’t allowed to wrestle at Greatest Royal Rumble.
- To that end, they also report that Bryan asked to lose to The Miz at Super Show-Down, but are sure to say it’s unclear if that’s because he thought the ensuing title match would happen at Crown Jewel or not.
- The WWE World Cup tournament bracket was changed after John Cena pulled out, says the Observer. They were originally going to mix the brands, including a Cena vs. Rey Mysterio first round match where Mysterio would go over.
- PW Insider notes that Lio Rush made the trip to Saudi Arabia for Crown Jewel.
- That site also says WWE has filed a new trademark for “Tough Enough,” leading to speculation the show may make another comeback in some form.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!