Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE was not involved in Enzo Amore’s Survivor Series appearance in any way, says PW Insider. Many backstage and in the locker room were upset by it, but the company likely told everyone to ignore it, so don’t expect any social media posts directed at Amore from Superstars.
- A woman seated near where Enzo was in Staples Center was knocked over when security took him out. She was reportedly treated for an arm injury.
- According to Pro Wrestling Torch, Impact is talking to several networks for their next TV deal, including TruTV, WGN, and SyFy. If nothing can be worked out, they’ll likely stay at PopTV in their current late night slot.
- On Twitter, Dave Meltzer mentioned WWE may be working on small brand featuring wrestlers assigned to the Performance Center who work the Florida house show but who don’t get time on screen with NXT.
- In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter it said Cody Rhodes wants to work the 2019 G1 Climax tournament, indicating he’s sticking with New Japan beyond the end of this year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!