Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There were many unhappy wrestlers — mostly from the SmackDown side — backstage after Nia Jax injured Becky Lynch, per Sean Ross Sapp, among others.
- PW Insider said there were multiple scenarios WWE went over on how to deal with Lynch’s injury, including possibly having her drop the SmackDown women’s championship.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that he heard Brock Lesnar won’t be wrestling Braun Strowman at WrestleMania 35, so any match between the two will be before then.
- He also said Strowman vs. Baron Corbin is likely happening at TLC in December.
- Vince McMahon was not backstage at SmackDown this week, according to PW Insider. Meanwhile, Ric Flair was in town for the show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!